- Make sure that your website is viewable on mobile devices. Internet use is moving away from desktops as more and more people are look at websites on the go. Making sure that your website is easily viewable on a mobile device is therefore super important.
- Make sure that you have up-to-date social media links on your website, you should push out any blog posts or articles to social sites such as Google+, LinkedIn, Twitter etc as this will help increase the traffic back to your website.
- Make sure you can be easily contacted, whether this is by email, phone or a contact us form. Even through the preferred method of contact these days tends to be by email, putting a phone number on a website will help ‘legitimise’ your business.
- Make sure you are on top of your SEO management. You need to make your website easy to find, there is no point in having a wonderful website if your website doesn’t come up on search engines. Keyword research, creation and on site optimisation are all need to drive traffic to your website, they all work together to make your website search engine friendly and help improve your ranking.
Do you have any more tips?
- Make sure your profile is as complete as possible, an unfurnished profile won’t make the best impression.
- Use a professional image.
- Use relevant keywords in your headline, words that are relevant to your market.
- List your current and past positions so that people can get a sense of what you have to offer and also get an idea of your experience. You can use this opportunity to showcase your knowledge by using descriptions that relate to your current role.
- Make sure your education information is as detailed as possible as this will help with networking and help establish connections.
- Try and use strong keywords when writing your profile summary, describe how you can help your clients.
- Add relevant connections.
- Make regular status updates that are relevant. Keep an eye on LinkedIn Today and comment on populat content.
- Join and participate in relevant Groups. You can find good groups by searching for related keywords and looking at what is recommended. Make sure you check the activity in the groups, make sure that there are a lot of comments as this could mean that you will have more opportunity to promote yourself and your business.
- When you engage in discussions you can eventually grow one on one working relationships with useful contacts if not clients.
Overall, as with most things when it comes to Social Media, it pays to spend a regular amount of time on LinkedIn every week. The key is to have a consistent active presence.
Let us know how you get along.