Useful Resources and Tools
There are a lot of useful tools that we have come across on our travels and we would like to share these with you.
Accounts and Bookkeeping
Internet Based Office Applications
- Prezi – Create fluid presentations that will engage your audience
- Zoho – Offers a suite of online web applications/office tools geared towards increasing your productivity and offering easy collaboration. Basic applications are free of charge, however, there is a monthly subscription for some of the applications such as Zoho Projects and Zoho CRM.
- Microsoft Live/Skydrive – Condensed versions of the much used Word, Excel and PowerPoint applications to use anywhere you have an internet connection. You can also share and work on documents from where ever you are around the world.
- Google Docs – Instant access Google’s own word processor, spreadsheet tool, presentation software, forms and a drawing tool. The main draw is the simple navigation and the real time ability to co-edit documents.
- Foxit – Read, create and edit PDF’s easily and quickly. This software is a compact alternative to Acrobat Reader.
- Twitter – Share your opinions and thoughts.
- LinkedIn – A business networking tool, showcase your skills and expertise
- Pinterest – Visual boards, perhaps to show your products
- Facebook – Social networking
- Google+ – Help build a community around your business
- YouTube – Share videos, ideal for demonstrations
VOIP and Free Conference Calls
Voice Over Internet Protocol – allowing you to communicate by voice and fax over the internet:
- Skype – VoIP and instant messaging on all devices
Conference call Services:
Other Resources and Associations
- British Library Business and IP Centre is a great source of information and support for start up and growing businesses. The run regular business seminars and networking events, go to: bl.uk/bipc for further information.
- PCG – The Professional Contractors Group is a not-for-profit association that represents, supports and promotes the freelance community. As a member you can have access to tax and legal helplines, specialist guidance on tax, regulatory and business matters as well as much more – pcg.org.uk/cms