- Make sure your profile is as complete as possible, an unfurnished profile won’t make the best impression.
- Use a professional image.
- Use relevant keywords in your headline, words that are relevant to your market.
- List your current and past positions so that people can get a sense of what you have to offer and also get an idea of your experience. You can use this opportunity to showcase your knowledge by using descriptions that relate to your current role.
- Make sure your education information is as detailed as possible as this will help with networking and help establish connections.
- Try and use strong keywords when writing your profile summary, describe how you can help your clients.
- Add relevant connections.
- Make regular status updates that are relevant. Keep an eye on LinkedIn Today and comment on populat content.
- Join and participate in relevant Groups. You can find good groups by searching for related keywords and looking at what is recommended. Make sure you check the activity in the groups, make sure that there are a lot of comments as this could mean that you will have more opportunity to promote yourself and your business.
- When you engage in discussions you can eventually grow one on one working relationships with useful contacts if not clients.
Overall, as with most things when it comes to Social Media, it pays to spend a regular amount of time on LinkedIn every week. The key is to have a consistent active presence.
Let us know how you get along.